The Release Package process app includes two applications: Release
Package and Deployment Path. Each has a single workflow.
- Release Managers
- Package Creators
- Release Engineers
Release Packages follow a process organized into these stages:
The first stage of the Release Package is the definition stage.
While the release package is in the Define stage, release engineers
- Select release type, which limits the deployment paths available
for the release package.
- Add deployment tasks. These can be newly-created tasks specific to
the release package or tasks copied from task templates and other release
packages. Deployment tasks can be added, reordered, or deleted as needed as the
release package is deployed through the deployment path.
- View and associate requests and deployment units.
Once accepted, the release package moves to the
In the Deliver stage, the release packages are deployed.
- Accepted release packages move to the
Ready to Deploy state.
- Once the deployment is started, deployment tasks initiate the
related deployment processes and deploy any deployment units.
- Once all deployment tasks are complete, the release package moves
Deployed state. If any deployment tasks fail, the release
package is sent to the
Deployment Error state. Failed release packages can be retried
or returned to development for more work.
- Successful deployments move to the
In the Verification stage, the functionality implemented by the
release packages is verified.
Copyright © 2012–2016 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.