As you create orchestrations in
you find that you need to pass data to Web services, use the return values from
Web services, or store data values in temporary locations.
you use data mapping to arrange the inputs and outputs of Web services.
Data Mapping is one of the tabs that is displayed
in the orchestration workflow Property Editor when you select an orchestration
workflow in App Explorer or when you select a
Service step in an orchestration workflow. (As
with all Property Editor tabs, the content of the
Data Mapping tab depends on what is selected.)
When you define inputs, you can either use the mappings suggested by
or specify other mappings.
You can do any of the following tasks from the
Data Mapping tab:
- Choose an input suggested by
SBM Composer (suggested
Select a Source popup, in which you select an
input from a hierarchical list of choices.
Note: The outputs from a Web service are available as source elements
only for subsequent items in the orchestration workflow.
- Display advanced options with which you map incompatible types or
multiple items in the
Select a Source popup.
Note: If incompatible types are mapped, the mapping appears in a
warning color (dark blue) preceded by a ! character.
- Use data that accompanies the event that triggered the orchestration
- Clear mappings for the selected item.
- Set the display of data elements to show a red highlight on the icons
of required items.
- Switch between mapping mode and properties mode. In properties mode,
you can view and edit the lowest-level details for a working data element or
step input, including its namespace and type.
- Initialize values for optional elements and attributes in complex
types. For more information, see
Element and Attribute Mapping.
- For string type data elements, you must use escape sequences to add
a new line, insert a tab, enter a carriage return, or type a literal backslash.
Using Escape Sequences
- Elements on the
Data Mapping tab that have a lock icon on them
are external types that are defined by a Web service; they are not defined in
the process app. These external types are shown in the
Type Library Editor.
You cannot change the type of locked elements or change their child elements.
Copyright © 2007–2019 Micro Focus or one of its affiliates. All rights reserved.