Two forms of customization are available for strings generated by the
- String Modifications: You can use the
Strings IDs system auxiliary tables to create string records for
custom strings. This enables you to change the display of static labels and
error messages in the
SBM User Workspace.
String modifications are global and impact all applications in the database.
For details, refer to
Modifying Strings Using the Auxiliary Data Feature.
- String Translations: You can use the
Export XML and
Import XML wizards to export root strings, copy
them, translate them, and re-import them back into your system. For details,
Translating Strings Using XML Export and Import Wizards.
Customizable string elements include:
- Static page and form headings, such as
Search Results and
- Static button labels, such as the
Search button on the
Search pages and the
OK button on forms.
- Static control labels, such as the
Actions drop-down list label and the labels for drop-down list
on report forms.
- View labels, such as Reports or Favorites, in the Navigation pane.
- Static toolbar button labels, such as
- Hover text not associated with fields, such as text that appears when
users hover over icons.
- Error messages.
- Custom form labels.
The following elements cannot be modified using the system auxiliary
- Administrator or design data, such as transition button and
application tab labels, public folder names, field names and their associated
hover-text descriptions, and field selections.
- User data, such as report titles, Quick Link names, Favorite folder
names, and data entered into fields.
- Labels and strings for
Serena Work Center
Serena Request Center.
Use the Localization feature in
to translate or modify these strings.
Copyright © 2001–2016 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.