You should create deployment paths as part of your initial
implementation and on an ongoing basis as needed as you plan new releases.
You must create any environments your deployment path will use before
you create the deployment path.
You must create and then design the deployment path according to the
Creating a Deployment Path
You create the deployment path item and then design the path within
To create a deployment path:
- Search for the project that will store your deployment path, and
then select the project to open a Submit form. (By default, the Deployment
Paths project is used to store deployment paths.)
- Fill out the required fields and any optional fields and then click
- Configure and manage the deployment path using the tabs that appear
in the form.
The required fields when you create a deployment path are as follows:
The tabs available from a deployment path once it is created are as
- Deployment Path: View the existing deployment path, add or
update a deployment path, and view the deployment history for a deployment
path. Refer to
Designing the Deployment Path.
- Notes/Attachments: Notes and attachments are added to the
item through the
Serena Work Center
More option. Refer to the
Serena Work Center
Help for more information.
- History: The history of the deployment path item.
Designing the Deployment Path
After you create the deployment path item, you are ready to design the
To design the deployment path:
- In the deployment path item you just submitted, on the
Deployment Path tab, click
Edit Deployment Path.
Available Environments, click a connector in
the path at the position you want to add an environment and then click the
+ on an environment box. The selected
connector is orange.
- To remove an environment from the deployment path, click the
x on an environment box within the path.
- To move an environment within the deployment path, remove it,
select the connector after which you want to add it, and add it again in the
- To configure an environment, click the environment in the path. A
form appears where you can set the following options:
Activating the Deployment Path
After you have completed the deployment path design and are ready for
it to be used, click
Activate to make the deployment path active and
available for selection in release packages.
Copyright © 2012–2016 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.