Projects → Workflow → Destinations
The Transition Properties dialog opens after you click Start or Properties in the Target column on the Transition tab in the Workflow tab. Use the Transition Properties page to define the destination for the work item if the item's work item type transition is approved, and the destination if the work item type transition is rejected. You can also define the transition's expiration date, and add transition notes. Only the user that created a transition, or a user with administrator permissions for the Workflow view can access the Transition Properties page.
- Destination if approved Select the ellipses button to open the Select destination if approved page, and select where you want the work item to be placed after the item's transition is approved.
- Destination if rejected Select the ellipses button to open the Select destination if rejected page, and select where you want the work item to be placed after the item's transition is rejected.
- Transition expiration Select the item's transition expiration date. If the transition has not been completed by the date selected in the Transition expiration box, the system automatically generates and sends a Transition Not Completed notification to the user that created the transition. The notification lets the user know that the transition has not been completed by the expiration date. The Transition expiration box is only used for tracking purposes, and does not require any follow-up action from transition approvers or the transition creator.
- Transition notes Type applicable transition notes in the Transition notes box. Transition notes are displayed for the work item in the Notes column on the History tab in the Workflow tab.
- OK Click OK to save your changes and return to the Transition tab in the Workflow tab.
- Cancel Select this option to return to the Transition tab in the Workflow tab without saving your changes.
Editing the destination of a workflow transition
Workflow transition destinations are configured by an administrator; however, they can also be edited on a per-transition basis.
To edit the destination of a workflow
- Open the Projects module.
- Select a work item.
- Select the Workflow tab.
- Select the Transition tab.
- Click a transition path and select Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, use the Destination if approved and Destination if rejected fields to browse and select a target work item type.
- In Transition Expiration, set an expiration date.
- Click Save.
Copyright © 2003–2010 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.