Group Preferences page to apply user preferences to group members.
- Choose to apply only certain preferences to group members, leaving
- Exclude preference changes for specific users.
- Apply preferences to one or more groups. Click a row (not the name
link), and then press Ctrl+Click or Ctrl+Shift to select multiple groups.
When applying preferences to groups, be aware that:
- Preferences are not automatically applied to new members you add to
existing groups. For details, refer to
Applying Preferences to New Group Members.
- Users who have privileges to modify their user profile can overwrite
preferences you set for them. Likewise, changes you make to preferences
overwrite changes made by users or earlier changes applied to a different
- Privileges may determine if preferences apply to group members. For
example, if a member of a group does not have privileges to see a report set as
the home page for the group, the preference is ignored for that member.
To set preferences for groups:
- Select one or more groups, and then click
- Select the
Group Preferences tab.
- Select the tab that contains the preferences you want to change.
- Date/Time & Locale
- Work Center
For details on each preference, refer to
- Apply preferences by selecting the check box next to each setting,
and then change the setting if necessary:
Note that changes cannot be saved unless you select one or more
check boxes. You must select the check box next to each preference setting that
you want to apply to new group members.
- A dialog box opens, showing you the list of users that are impacted
by your change. Click
OK to apply the settings to all users in the list. To exclude
specific users from the change, move them to the
Excluded Users list, and then click
Copyright © 2007–2019 Micro Focus or one of its affiliates. All rights reserved.