Group Preferences page to apply user preferences to group members.
- Choose to apply only certain preferences to group members, leaving
- Exclude preference changes for specific users.
- Apply preferences to one or more groups.
When applying preferences to groups, be aware that:
- Preferences are not automatically applied to new members you add to
existing groups. For details, refer to
Applying Preferences to New Group Members.
- Users who have privileges to modify their user profile can overwrite
preferences you set for them. Likewise, changes you make to preferences
overwrite changes made by users or earlier changes applied to a different
- Privileges may determine if preferences apply to group members. For
example, if a member of a group does not have privileges to see a report set as
the home page for the group, the preference is ignored for that member.
To set preferences for groups:
- From the
Administrator portal, select the
- Select one or more groups, and then click
- Select the
Group Preferences tab.
- Select the tab that contains the preferences you want to change.
- Date/Time & Locale
- Work Center
For details on each preference, refer to
- Apply preferences to the group by changing a setting or by selecting
the check box next to each setting you want to change.
Use the check boxes at the far left of each setting to
determine if it was applied for the group.
- A dialog box opens, showing you the list of users that are impacted
by your change. To exclude specific users from the change, move them to the
Excluded Users list.
Copyright © 2007–2015 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.