The following roles (or actors) are available in the Configuration
Management System process app.
- This role is responsible for the Configuration
Management System and the CI Relationships. Duties include:
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the Configuration Management
- Define Configuration Management policy and scope
- Promote continuous service improvement for Configuration Management
- Produce KPI reports for management review
- Schedule regular CI verification and audits
- Maintain the Configuration Management System
- Monitor the quality of the CI records and their usefulness to the
processes, especially Incident Management, Problem Management, Change
Management, and Release Management
- Monitor the quality of CI information, including CI-to-CI
- Develop methods and procedures for populating the CMDB
- This role is responsible for monitoring CI records.
- Coordinate Configuration Management activities including CI
identification, control, audit, and verification
- Collaborate with Change Management to update CI records
- Produce KPI reports
User - This role is for the users who will submit new CIs or
search for CIs to relate to incidents, problems, or requests.
Administrator - This role is responsible for administering the
Configuration Management System process app, performing such duties as
assigning users to roles or fixing issues.
Copyright © 2012–2018 Serena Software, Inc., a Micro Focus company. All rights reserved.