The Configuration Management System (CMS) process oversees the life
cycle of Configuration Items (CIs) through the fundamental elements of
identification, status accounting, and audit. From initial activation to final
deactivation, the CMS process enables you to track your IT Assets.
The CMS application contains the
which is used to store relationship information between your CIs. This
information allows you to see how items relate to each other, and how
dependencies among items affect your IT services.
- Configuration Management Database with CI categorization according
- Management of complete Configuration Item life cycle.
- Ability to create relationships between CIs and view relationships
in a graphical format.
- Links between CIs and other items (such as Incidents, Problems, or
Changes) for quick problem diagnosis and change control of assets.
- Ability to create a high-level service CI that can be associated
with any service request so that services can be accurately and efficiently
captured and reported.
- Ability to give a CI a "consumer" type so the effect of a proposed
change on end-users can be taken into account when impact analysis is performed
in the Change Management application.
- Ability to integrate with external asset discovery systems that
detect changes to your IT assets.
- Ability to integrate with the Asset Management process app, which
tracks financial information about your assets.
Copyright © 2012–2018 Serena Software, Inc., a Micro Focus company. All rights reserved.