Request fulfillment is responsible for handling requests that are less
than major changes and outside of items that require immediate resolution such
as problems and incidents. These requests can come from employees or customers.
Each request is logged and tracked as it progresses through the workflow.
Request fulfillment can optionally have approval processes that can be
incorporated as part of the request fulfillment process.
Note: Service requests differ from incidents in that they do not involve a
service interruption. In other words, there is nothing broken that needs fixing
with a service request.
Typical service requests include:
- Configuration requests, such as new employee setup or network access.
- Security requests, such as allowing building access.
- Facilities requests, such as moving offices or furniture.
- Communication requests, such as adding a cellular phone.
- Information requests, such as how to connect to the network.
The following topics describe the features found in Request Fulfillment:
- Four different processes for tracking and monitoring requests.
- Reports for showing response time and customer satisfaction.
- Approval process to manage requests.
- Request fulfillment workflow that complies with ITSM best
- Ability to integrate with
Serena Service Manager
process apps, such as Asset Management.
Copyright © 2012–2015 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.