Projects → User Actions → Manage Items → Item Properties: General
Item Properties: General
Use the Item Properties dialog to view and modify work item
properties. The General tab is used to define or modify the general properties of the selected work item
- Item Name Displays the name of the selected work item.
- Created By Displays the user name of the person who initially added the work item.
- Created Date Displays the date when the work item was initially created.
- Last Modified By Displays the user name of the person who made the most recent changes to the work item.
- Last Modified Date Displays the date of the most recent changes to the work item.
- Item Type Displays the type of work item. If this is a task-based work item, then the list will contain task-based work item types. If this is an activity-based work item, then the list will contain activity-based work item types.
- Self Allocation Allowed Select this check box to allow resources to allocate themselves to tasks, work item, and activities associated with this work item. This enables any resource to self allocate to this work item. Selecting this check box automatically selects the Self Assignment Allowed check box as well. If you want to restrict the resources that can allocate themselves to this work item, clear this check box.
- Self Assignment Allowed Select this check box to allow resources to assign themselves to tasks, work item, and activities associated with this work item. Select this check box and clear the Self Allocation Allowed check box to allow only allocated resources to self assign to this work item. The Self Allocation Allowed and Self Assignment Allowed check boxes inherit default settings from the work item type, but can be set on a per-work item basis.
- Lock Completed Assignments Select this check box to restrict resources from submitting time against a task that the Project Manager has marked complete.
- Hide on Timesheet Select this check box to exclude tasks in this work item from appearing on user's timesheets. This can be particularly useful during the planning phase or prior to receiving project approval. During this time, a project manager can create a task plan complete with resource assignments and those assignments will not appear on a user's timesheets or a homepage.
Copyright © 2003–2009 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.