Agent connectivity can be checked periodically to ensure that the status
in the user interface shows the true connectivity status. The following options
control aspects of the status checks. You can optionally configure these
options to fine-tune your implementation.
- Agents send regular keepalive messages to the server to keep
- The server monitors the keepalive messages and updates agents' status
- Agent relays track keepalive message statistics from connected
agents and send them regularly to the server.
- Default: enabled
- The server can check the status of all agent endpoints in a
- The status check can be set to recur periodically.
- Status check requests and responses are stored in the database
- Cleanup of the stored data can be scheduled to recur
- In an active-active environment, the server that initiated the
status request is the one that performs the subsequent analysis.
- Minimum supported agent version for the agent and server
initiated status check: 6.1.2
- Default: disabled
- In the
Agent / Pools page of the user interface,
when users click the
Test icon () beside an
agent, the agent status is checked and reset in the UI accordingly.
- Connectivity is tested for response through JMS protocol and then
through JMS to HTTP protocol; messages are given for each.
- The connectivity test timeout is configurable.
For more information, see the following
Managing Agents and Agent Pools
Copyright © 2011–2019 Micro Focus or one of its affiliates. All rights reserved.