After you have defined your roles, groups, and users, you then give
groups or users roles in specific product areas.
- For most product areas, you set these in the
Security tab for each specific product area
- System Security and UI Security are set in the
Administration > Security options of the
- Environment and component security settings can be set at the
direct object level and within the applications to which they are associated.
- For component security, no matter whether you set the security
on the component level or application component level, the settings are applied
- Environment security settings are handled as follows:
- Upon initial association with an application, the security
that is set for the environment is inherited by the application environment.
- After an environment is associated with an application, if
the security is changed directly on the environment, the setting for the
application environment is not affected.
- If the security is changed for the application environment,
the setting at the direct environment level is not affected.
To add groups or users to roles: