can send email notifications whenever user-defined trigger events occur. For
example, notifications can be sent when a deployment finishes or an approval is
To send email notifications to users, you must do the
- Define notification templates or use the provided templates. These
define the format of notification emails for different types of notifications.
- Define the notification schemes you want to use or use the default
scheme. These define the triggering events and roles for the notifications.
- Include an email ID as part of the user details for each user who
will receive email notifications. See
- Define the email server information in system settings. See
- If you are sending notifications for applications or agents, select
the notification scheme in the specific applications or agents for which you
want to send notifications.
- When the triggering event defined in the notification scheme is
invoked, an email notification is sent. The trigger happens when a process
request either succeeds or fails and is sent only to users who have a role in
the notification scheme.
A typical use of notifications is as follows:
- When an application process is run for an environment requiring
approval, an email is triggered indicating that the process request must be
- When the request is approved, the approval process completes and an
email is triggered indicating that the application process is ready to run.
- After the application process completes, an email is triggered to
indicate the success of failure of the process.
For details on configuring email notification
schemes and templates, see the following topics:
Copyright © 2011–2018 Serena Software, Inc., a Micro Focus company. All rights reserved.