After you have created environments in the
Environments page, you can add them to
applications individually or as part of a pipeline. The
Environments page for an application is shown in
the following figure.
- View the pipeline name (if any) and the number of individual
environments above the environments box.
- Add more environments to this application.
- Scroll a graphical view of environments. Any pipeline is indicated by
a gray box; any individual environments follow.
Resources to get a quick view of the resources
associated with the environment. From there you can click
View Resources to open the resources tab for the
- See a breakdown of the number of environments in online, offline, and
- Click the environment name to see a menu of options for that
environment. Use a quick single-click or a double-click to select one of the
options. Only relevant options appear. Possible options are:
- Run Process: Run an application process in this
- Promote: Execute the active process in the next
environment in the pipeline.
- View Details: View and configure application-specific
settings for the selected environment.
- Compare: Compare the inventory of up to four environments.
- Copy: Create an environment based on this environment.
Upon creation, the environment is automatically added to the application.
- Inactivate: Set the environment to inactive status.
Inactive environments are not shown in the list by default. You can use the
Show Inactive check box to show them in the
- Click the double arrows beside the pipeline to contract or expand the
pipeline in the view.
- Move individual environments to another position.
Note: Pipelines cannot be moved. Only one pipeline can be associated
with an application at a time and it always comes before any individual
- Filter the components shown in the list by using search criteria.
For details on creating environments and
configuring global settings, see
For more details about the environment inventory, see
Viewing the Environment Inventory.
For more details on configuring
application-specific environment settings, see the following topics:
Copyright © 2011–2017 Serena Software, Inc., a Micro Focus company. All rights reserved.