Agent connectivity can be checked periodically to ensure that the status
in the user interface shows the true connectivity status. The following options
control aspects of the status checks. You can optionally configure these
options to fine-tune your implementation.
Important: The minimum supported agent version for the agent
and server-initiated status check is 6.1.2.
- The server can check the status of all agent endpoints in a
- The status check can be set to recur periodically.
- Status check requests and responses are stored in the database
- Cleanup of the stored data can be scheduled to recur
- In an active-active environment, the server that initiated the
status request is the one that performs the subsequent analysis.
- This is enabled by default.
- An agent can be set to periodically send its status to the
- This is disabled by default and must be explicitly enabled for a
single agent at time.
You should not enable this for multiple agents
for regular execution, as it may cause performance issues. Typical automated
status checks should be done using server-initiated status checks.
- In the
Agent / Pools page of the user interface,
when users click the
Test icon () beside an
agent, the agent status is checked and reset in the UI accordingly.
- Connectivity is tested for response through JMS protocol and then
through JMS to HTTP protocol; messages are given for each.
- The connectivity test timeout is configurable.
For more information, see the following
Managing Agents and Agent Pools
Copyright © 2011–2017 Serena Software, Inc., a Micro Focus company. All rights reserved.