You can export and import whole sets of
objects using replication.
You can export from a source server and import on a target server to
replicate a cluster of objects from one server to another. This can be used to
maintain automation data between master and slave servers, even across an air
Data is exported to and imported from a single file. If the servers are
not physically connected, a flat file that contains source server data must be
manually uploaded to the target server.
Replication is implemented as follows:
- Users can select a set of applications that they want to export. All
the linked objects, such as components, environments, and pipelines, will be
exported automatically with the applications.
- Users can select a set of environments that they want to export. If
an environment that is part of a pipeline is omitted from the selection, the
pipeline will also be omitted from the export.
- Exported files will contain component versions with files of the
- Snapshots can be used instead of component versions if needed.
- Export and Import works with a single file containing all the data.
- Process execution history is not exported.
- Component mapping will work only if the target server has agents with
the same names as those on the source server.
- During the import procedure, the creation date for all objects is
set to that of the current system. The creation date from the source server is
- All objects imported to the target server will have the same ID as
corresponding objects from the source server. The import procedure identifies
whether the object was previously imported from the source server based on its
For details, see the following topics:
Copyright © 2011–2017 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.