For enterprise implementations, due to storage requirements, you may
need to relocate your
files so that they are stored on a different machine than your
server. A good formula for determining
storage requirements is:
average artifact size * number of versions imported per day *
average number of days before cleanup.
File storage is organized as follows on a default
- Execution log files are located in
respository files are located in
- Plugin files are located in
- This folder
.serena\ra\var\db contains Derby database files if
Derby is used.
files as follows:
- Stop the server before moving the folder location.
- To relocate log files, you must relocate the
- You can either relocate the whole
var folder, or if you want to relocate only the
repository files, you can relocate just the
- Use the following to configure your network storage in an optimal
- This data should be stored on robust network storage that is
regularly synchronized with an off-site disaster recovery facility.
server should have a fast network connection to storage (agents do not need
access to the storage location).
- In Unix environments, you can use
symbolic links from the
var subdirectory to network storage.
- On Windows platforms there are several options for redirecting
logs and artifacts, including
mklink (supported in Windows 7 and later).
- Distributed teams should also take advantage of location-specific
proxies to improve performance and lower WAN usage.
Copyright © 2011–2016 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.