can send email notifications whenever user-defined trigger events occur. For
example, notifications can be sent when a deployment finishes or an approval is
To send email notifications to users, you must do the
- Define notification templates or use the provided templates. These
define the format of notification emails for different types of notifications.
- Define the notification schemes you want to use or use the default
scheme. These define the triggering events and roles for the notifications.
- Include an email ID as part of the user details for each user who
will receive email notifications. See
- Define the email server information in system settings. See
- If you are sending notifications for applications or agents, select
the notification scheme in the specific applications or agents for which you
want to send notifications.
- Upon invocation of the triggering event defined in the notification
scheme, such as the success or failure of a process request in which a user
configured with an email ID has a role, an email notification will be sent to
For details on configuring email notification
schemes and templates, see the following topics:
Copyright © 2011–2016 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.