Welcome to SBM Mobile. This document provides an overview of the latest changes in the SBM Mobile app.
- This document pertains to both on-premise and on-demand versions.
- On-premise customers – SBM Mobile is compatible with SBM 11.1 or higher. However, to take advantage of all the latest features in SBM Mobile you must upgrade to SBM 11.6.1.
- Before you access SBM Mobile for the first time, you must open your process apps in SBM Composer and enable mobile support for your applications. For details, refer to Configuring SBM Mobile.
- SBM Mobile is available in English only.
SBM Mobile provides access to SBM from supported mobile devices. SBM Mobile enables users to browse available applications, and then submit and monitor work items from their mobile devices.
Users can use SBM Mobile to:
- Create and customize mobile dashboards for each application
- Submit and view items using the simple or advanced form view
- Transition items through a workflow
- Search for items and reports
- Run reports, including graphical and listing reports
- View notifications
- Input data from bar codes and QR codes
- Work with items and forms while offline
The following operating systems are supported with SBM Mobile:
- Android – 5.0 and higher
- iPhone – iOS 11.0 and higher
The following features and changes have been added in this release.
Support for Custom Themes
Custom Work Center themes are now supported in SBM Mobile. If enabled by an administrator, users can select a custom theme in their Work Center user profile.
Side Menu Categories Setting Applied to SBM Mobile
The side menu categories set in Application Administrator (Work Center | Work Center Settings | Side Menu Categories) are now honored in SBM Mobile. For example, if dashboards and calendars are hidden from view in Work Center, they are no longer displayed in the SBM Mobile client.
This section provides useful tips to help you maximize SBM Mobile for your users.
SBM Mobile is a portal for your users who want to work with items from their mobile devices. You can decide which applications are available to your users on their mobile devices.
To enable mobile support for an application:
- Launch SBM Composer and open your process app.
- Select the application in App Explorer.
- In the Application Editor, select the Enable options for SBM mobile app check box.
This enables users to access the application from their mobile devices once the process app is deployed.
Once access is enabled, you can configure the following throughout your application:
- Visibility for controls such as fields, details, containers, and other form controls.
- Visibility for transitions on state forms.
- Form actions that apply specifically to mobile forms.
In addition, you can select a device type and preview the mobile form in either simple or advanced view.
For complete details on enabling mobile access throughout your application, refer to "Working with Mobile Forms" in the SBM Composer Guide or help.
On-Premise Only – SBM Mobile requires that users have network access to your SBM Application Engine Web Server that hosts SBM. For example, if users are connecting to a WiFi network outside of your corporate network and your SBM Application Engine Web Server is behind a corporate firewall, they must connect to your corporate network using a VPN from their mobile devices. If your users do not use your company's VPN regularly from their mobile devices, contact your IT department for assistance with connecting your users to the corporate network.
When a mobile user attempts to log in, SBM Mobile sends the authentication request back to the SBM server. This means SBM Mobile works with all SBM authentication types, with the exception of IIS applications that are configured with anonymous authentication for external access.
For a complete list of known issues and potential workarounds, refer to the Knowledgebase.
© Copyright 2007–2019 Micro Focus or one of its affiliates.
The only warranties for products and services of Micro Focus and its affiliates and licensors (“Micro Focus”) are as may be set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. Micro Focus shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Except as specifically indicated otherwise, this document contains confidential information and a valid license is required for possession, use or copying. If this work is provided to the U.S. Government, consistent with FAR 12.211 and 12.212, Commercial Computer Software, Computer Software Documentation, and Technical Data for Commercial Items are licensed under vendor's standard commercial license.