You can copy or move one or more controls from one part of a custom
form to another. You can also copy or move them from one custom form to another
one, even if the forms are in different applications in the same process app.
This makes it easy to maintain custom forms.
To copy or move a control:
- Open the source form.
- Select the control on the form.
- Right-click and select
Copy if you want to copy the control, or
Cut if you want to move the control.
- If you want to copy or move the control to another form, open the
- Right-click an empty cell and select
Note the following points:
- All of the controls within a
Container control (for example, a
GroupBox) are copied or moved with it.
- You cannot add a control that is invalid for the target form (for
State Change History section cannot be added
to a transition form).
- The target form must have enough empty space to accommodate the
controls you want to paste.
- If you paste a control from the
Field Controls section of the
Form Palette, the existing field is removed.
There can be only one instance of such a control on a form. For example, if you
Title control and paste it on the same form,
only the pasted version remains.
- If you copy a control from the
Field Controls section to a form in another
application, the control is copied only if a matching control is found.
- If you select multiple controls, the
Paste operation must be performed in the
location relative to where you performed the
Move operation. For example, suppose you have
a row with three cells, and each cell contains a button. Select the three
buttons, right-click the last button, and then select
Copy. To paste, select the last cell in an
empty row and then select
Paste. If you select the first cell, you get a
message that the target space does not have enough empty cells. This behavior
is consistent with how the drag-and-drop operation works in the form editor.
- If row or column spanning was applied to source cells, the spanning
is maintained in the target cells, if there is enough space. If there is not
enough space, the existing cell size is used.