You can add a custom theme that defines the colors used in various
elements of the
interface. After saving the theme, you can apply it to
or export it for use in another
Note the following restrictions:
- Administrators can create custom themes, and can edit, delete,
export, and import any themes except for the predefined system themes.
- If enabled by an administrator, users can select a
theme in their user profile.
- The color of the
login page always uses the administrator's default theme.
To add a custom theme:
- From the
Settings view, select the
System Settings tab.
- On an existing theme image, click the
Save Theme As icon. Alternatively, click
- Type a name for the custom theme.
- If needed, select a different theme to use as a starting point from
Based on Theme list. By default, Modern Blue is
selected if you clicked
- The preview image on the right enables you to view and make changes
to theme colors. You can do the following:
- Click through the
images to preview the dashboard view, report view, item view, and mobile view.
- Click anywhere in a
image to view and change the values for the selected color. You can change the
color's hex value or hue, saturation, and luminance values.
- When you click an element in the
image, the selected color is highlighted in the color groups on the left.
- You can also use the color groups on the left to view and make
changes to theme colors. You can do the following:
- Increase or decrease the number of color groups using the slider.
Color groups are organized by visual appearance (that is, based on the distance
between them in the RGB color space).
- Click a color in a color group to change its hex value or hue,
saturation, and luminance values. The change is reflected in the preview image.
- When you click a color, the UI element assigned that color is
highlighted in the
image on the right.
- Specify a color as the primary color for the group. When you edit
the primary color, any change made to its values affects the rest of the colors
in the group.
- After saving the theme, you can return to the
System Settings tab to select it as the default
theme or export it as needed.
To export a custom theme:
- From the
System Settings tab, click
Custom themes that have been created or imported appear.
- Select the custom themes you want to export and click
The themes are saved as an XML file in your
- To use an exported theme in another
environment, from the
System Settings tab in that environment, click
Import Themes and select the exported XML file.
To manage existing custom themes, use the following
icons that appear on the theme images:
- Save Theme As
Click to create a new theme based on this theme.
- Export Theme
Click to export the theme to an XML file. To export multiple themes
into an XML file, use
Export Themes instead.
- Edit Theme
Click to update the theme.
- Delete Theme
Click to delete the theme. If the theme was selected as the default
theme, the setting reverts to Modern Blue.
- Consider notifying your users before deleting a theme, as they
may have selected it in their user profile.
- Consider exporting the theme before deleting it, in case you
want to restore it later.
Copyright © 2007–2019 Micro Focus or one of its affiliates. All rights reserved.