Add/Modify Join Condition dialog box enable you to
select relational fields that connect to other applications or auxiliary
tables. You can pull in the additional data from these sources into your
report. In addition, you can choose to filter the report results based on the
values in these related items.
Add/Modify Join Condition dialog box displays after
Add on the Create or Modify report screen.
To set join conditions:
- Select a relational field from the drop-down list. The relational
fields that are available are provided by the application the report is based
- You can optionally change the display name of the join condition. For
Listing reports, using unique display names helps to distinguish multiple join
conditions from the same application or auxiliary table.
Note: The display name appears in the
Solution table drop-down list below the join
- To limit report results to only items that include data in this
relational field, select
This related item filters the report results.
- To limit report results based on data in the related item, select
This related item filters the report results,
and then define a filter. The filter behaves similar to the
Search Filter you define when you create a report.
You must have privileges to create/modify a report in the
referenced table to add or modify a search filter. If you attempt to edit a
pre-existing report which contains a join to a table which you do not have
privileges to, you are limited as follows:
- You cannot modify the existing join. You can either delete the
join or leave it alone.
- For Listing reports, you cannot choose to display additional
columns for the table. The Alias name is disabled in the drop-down. You can
only change the display of existing columns.
Copyright © 2013–2019 Micro Focus or one of its affiliates. All rights reserved.