Promotion enables you to replicate a process app from one environment to
another or to move a fully configured process app into a new environment.
Promotion transfers the process app design, originally created in
and optionally configuration data, such as users, groups, projects, and
Before you can promote a process app snapshot, you must have the
privileges to deploy and promote the process app.
Consider the following before promoting process apps:
- To understand how various configuration entities are handled during
promotion, read the information in
About Configuration Entities.
- You can include auxiliary table records, but not primary table
records such as specific issues or incidents (items).
- If you are promoting a process app that contains references to
other process apps, each referenced entity (for example, a table) must already
exist in the target environment when you promote the process app in order for
the process app to work as designed.
- If you are promoting the global process app as well as other
process apps that refer to the global process app, always promote the global
process app first.
- Note that whenever circular references might be present, it is a
best practice to avoid partial promotions (that is, to select
All rather than
None in the configuration entities screen of
Promote dialog box) whenever possible.
- For best results, promote the Global Process App (or any process
app containing the Global Application) only to environments in the same
environment set from which the process app was originally loaded. For more
About the Global Process App and Global Application.
Copyright © 2007–2018 Serena Software, Inc., a Micro Focus company. All rights reserved.