Join Condition dialog allows you to select the Relational Fields, which connect
to other applications or auxiliary tables. You can pull in the additional data from these
sources into your report. In addition, you can choose to filter your report results based on
the values in these related items.
Important: Join conditions are not supported in the Editable Grid template.
The Add/Modify Join Condition dialog displays after clicking Add
on the Create or Modify report screen.
To set a Join Conditions on the Add/Modify Join Condition dialog:
- Choose the Relational Field from the drop-down list. These
Relational Fields occur in the application where you are creating the report.
- (Optional) Change the display name of this Join condition by modifying the text in the
box. Choosing a unique display name helps to distinguish when you have multiple join
conditions from the same application or auxiliary table.
Note: The display name appears in
the Solution table drop-down list on the report creation screen.
- To limit report results to only items that include data in this relational field, select
This related item filters the report results.
- To limit report results based on data in the related item, select This
related item filters the report results and add a filter. The filter behaves
similar to the Search Filter found on the creating report page; however, some
search options are not available on the Join search filter.
You must have privileges
to create/modify a report in the referenced table to add or modify a search filter. If
you attempt to edit a pre-existing report which contains a join to a table which you do
not have privileges in, you are limited as follows:
- You cannot modify the existing join. You can either delete the join or leave it
- You cannot choose to display additional columns for the table. The Alias name is
disabled in the drop-down. You will be able to change the display of existing
Copyright © 2013–2016 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.