You can apply basic formatting to information in certain
Text fields and in notes, and in e-mail messages sent from items.
Note: Your administrator must enable the Rich Text Editor and can do so
at a system level and for individual
Along with standard formatting (bold, italics, bulleted lists, text
color, and more), you can:
- Add attachments, images, and hyperlinks.
- Paste formatted text from Rich Text- or HTML-formatted documents.
- Edit the source for the text and directly add or modify HTML tags.
If you choose to manually enter HTML, be aware that obviously
"suspicious" ("dangerous") HTML is not rendered at runtime.
The following tags are considered suspicious:
The following tags may not be rendered at runtime unless they are
added using the Rich Text Editor. These tags will not be rendered if they
contain suspicious attributes, such as
</img (Rendered only when added at runtime)
Improper or invalid HTML could have a negative
impact on the field and possibly on the entire form. Refer to the World Wide
Web Consortium Web site at
information about HTML syntax.
Using the Editor to Add Images
You can use one of these methods to add images to
fields, notes, and e-mail messages:
- Click the file icon () to browse to
the image you want to add.
- Paste an image copied from other applications, such as Gmail™ and
Microsoft® Word. Images may not paste correctly in these cases:
- If the HTML content includes suspicious tags, plain text is
shown instead of the image.
- When you copy images with surrounding text from desktop
applications, such as Microsoft® Word and Microsoft Outlook®, the images are
not included when you paste them into the Rich Text Editor.
- Images copied from Web pages may not paste correctly if the
image URL is inaccessible. For example, if you copy an image from a secured Web
page, it may not display correctly in the Rich Text Editor.
Images added using the editor are also added to the work item as
By default, images added to
Text fields used as report display columns are shown in results.
You can collapse each row to hide images.
Note: Privileges determine whether you can see and work with
attachments on work items, including images added to
Copyright © 2001–2016 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.