is the visual design component of
SBM Composer to
design the structure of a process app, which can contain applications and
Applications and orchestrations contain workflows that coordinate the
flow of information through business processes. Application workflows
coordinate the work of people; orchestrations coordinate Web service-enabled
design tasks include:
- Defining workflows that control the flow of data
- Creating roles that control the actions users can perform and the
information they can access
- Designing custom forms that present "view" and "update" pages to your
- Defining the events and workflows used by orchestrations
After process apps are designed, they are deployed to a runtime
environment, where the processes are run by two engines: the
runs applications workflows and the
runs orchestration workflows.
provides two mechanisms to deploy a design to a runtime environment:
- You can publish a process app to the
from which an administrator can deploy the process app to the target
- When administrative control is not needed, you can use the quick
deploy command in
to directly deploy a process app through the
to a specified environment.
Once a process app is deployed, use the
SBM Application Administrator
to perform configuration tasks, such as creating projects that store process
items, assigning users to roles, and creating notifications. Once configuration
tasks are complete, the process app is ready for users.
Copyright © 2007–2015 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.