Before a process app can be published or deployed to
exported to a file, it must pass validation.
Tip: While you are creating an application workflow or
orchestration workflow, validate often to catch potential problems.
To validate the open process app:
In the Quick Access Toolbar, click the
Validate button. Alternatively, click
Validate from the Composer menu, or press Alt
and then V, or press Ctrl+Shift+V.
Details about the validation are displayed in the Validation
Results. You can use the filtering options at the bottom to choose which types
of message you want to view. (See
Limiting Validation Results.)
- By default, the name of any design element that contains errors
appears in red in App Explorer. You can disable this feature or change the
color on the
General tab of the
- To optimize performance, the validation checks only those
AppScripts that changed or were added since the process app was last validated.
for information about handling validation errors.)
Following are some typical situations that generate
error and warning validation messages:
- You used a process app, application, or table with a name that
already exists in a deployment environment.
- One or more references in a process app are unresolved.
detects that a process app or a feature in a process app is incompatible with
on-demand deployment. You receive these error messages if you are working in
on-demand mode, or if you are working in on-premise mode and the
Include validation for On-Demand compatibility
option is selected on the
General tab of the
Options dialog box, and if one
or more of the following conditions is true:
- AppScripts or triggers are included an application in the process
External Post transition is included in an
Post transition with an
Item link type that includes
"triggers" is included in an application workflow.
- A transition that uses a
Trigger action type is included in an
- A state that has a transition action with a
Trigger Received condition is included in an
- The database name for a table name exceeds the maximum number of
characters that are allowed.
- A table in the process app includes a
Resolution Summary field, or
Resolution Description field.
- Various project and table privileges are selected for a role (for
View Item if Contact).
Copyright © 2007–2015 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.