Welcome to SRC Mobile. This document provides an overview of the latest changes in the SRC Mobile app.
- This document pertains to both on-premise and on-demand versions.
- On-premise customers – You must install and configure SBM 10.1.5 or higher.
- On-premise customers – Before you use SRC Mobile, you must install and configure SSM 4.0 or higher as described in the SSM Getting Started Guide.
- For customers who are upgrading to SSM 5.4 and intend to use the mobile client, ensure that the Enable options for SBM mobile app check box is selected on the application in SBM Composer and redeploy each process app.
- SRC Mobile is available in English only.
SRC Mobile provides access to Service Request Center from supported mobile devices. SRC Mobile enables users to browse available IT and business service requests and their associated SLAs, and then submit and monitor requests from their mobile devices. Your IT service staff and managers can also easily approve, track, and fulfill requests from their mobile devices.
Users can use SRC Mobile to:
- Browse the catalog for service requests and submit new requests
- Search the catalog for available service requests
- View service requests that they submitted
- Finalize items waiting for approval
- Use the Knowledgebase to search for published solutions and contribute by providing feedback about articles
Note that the service catalog supports nested categories for SSM 5.2 and later releases. If you are using an earlier version, categories are not nested in containers.
The following operating systems are supported with SRC Mobile:
- Android – 4.4.x, 5.0, and higher
- iPhone – iOS 9.X, 10.X, 11.X, and 12.X for iPhone 5, 6, 6 plus, 6s, 6s plus
- iPhone – iOS 10.X, 11.X, and 12.X for iPhone 7, 7 plus
- iPhone – iOS 11.X and 12.X for iPhone X
The following features and changes have been added in this release.
- Support for Web-based Forms
- Touch ID and Face ID Authentication
- Enhancements to File Fields
- Support for GPS Coordinates in Workflows
- Bulk Bar Codes and QR Codes
- Support for New Graphical Report Options
- User Profile Cards
- More Selections in Offline Mode
- Selectable Text
- Search Items
Web-based forms enable users to open forms using the embedded browser engine, which is Safari® on iOS and Chrome Custom Tabs on Android. Users are given the option of logging in using a Web browser, which opens the login screen in a custom tab.
For a better user experience, it is recommended to use Responsive Forms in SBM Composer. For details, refer to the SBM Composer help, which is available on the Documentation Center.
Users can now log on to SRC Mobile using Touch ID or Face ID. Additionally, Touch ID and Face ID are supported for transitions that require authentication.
File fields now support the following features:
- Signatures: Users can draw a signature and save it as an image in a File field.
- Audio: Users can record audio such as a voice message and save it in a File field or as an attachment to an issue.
Users can now set their location in any text field or edit box using their GPS coordinates, address, or last known location.
Users can now scan multiple bar codes and QR codes one by one without interacting with SRC Mobile between scans. For notes, users can scan and automatically add each code as a new note, and for fields, users can scan and automatically add each code as a comma-separated value.
SRC Mobile now provides the new Estimated Backlog Trend Report type and the option to toggle between the 2D and 3D view for graphical reports.
User profile cards are now displayed in SRC Mobile when a user clicks on another user's name.
For use in offline mode, selection fields now save up to 1000 selections instead of 250.
This section provides useful tips to help you maximize SRC Mobile for your users.
Starting in SSM 5.3, all SSM process apps are enabled for the mobile client by default.
This optimizes the display of custom forms throughout each of the process apps. For customers who are upgrading to SSM 5.3 and intend to use the mobile client, ensure that the Enable options for SBM mobile app check box is selected on the application in SBM Composer and re-deploy each process app.
On-Premise Only – SRC Mobile requires that users have network access to your SBM Application Engine Web Server that hosts SSM. For example, if users are connecting to a WiFi network outside of your corporate network and your SBM Application Engine Web Server is behind a corporate firewall, they must connect to your corporate network using a VPN from their mobile devices. If your users do not use your company's VPN regularly from their mobile devices, contact your IT department for assistance with connecting your users to the corporate network.
Updating "Create Tech Note" Value After Problem Management Upgrade
With this release, the mobile implementation of the Problem Management application causes the Yes and No values for the Create Tech Note field to be reversed for active problems. To address this issue, follow these steps after upgrading and deploying the new Problem Management application:
SBM Work Center,
create a listing report in the Service Mgmt application group. Make sure to do
- Select Problems as the Report Item Type.
- Add Create Tech Note to the Select Columns to Display list.
- Set the search filter to Active/Inactive = Active.
- Run the report.
- Select the problems that should have Create Tech Note set to Yes, and run a mass update to change the field value to Yes.
- Select the problems that should have Create Tech Note set to No, and run a mass update to change the field value to No.
For a complete list of known issues and potential workarounds, refer to the Knowledgebase.
Serena, Dimensions, ChangeMan, Comparex, and StarTool are registered trademarks of Serena Software, Inc. The Serena logo, PVCS, TeamTrack, License Manager and Composer are trademarks of Serena Software, Inc. All other products or company names are used for identification purposes only, and may be trademarks of their respective owners.