After you import a solution, you can promote the associated snapshots to
environment. Promoting the snapshots delivers the contents of the solution,
including all reports, notifications, process apps, and auxiliary table data,
Important: If you are upgrading
from a previous version and you want to preserve modifications you have made to
existing process apps, see the
SSM On-Premise Upgrade
for steps to preserve your changes before you promote new versions of the
process apps. Promoting the new snapshots overlays any existing modifications
that you have made to your existing workflows.
Note the following:
- You must promote the snapshots before you modify and deploy them.
Promoting maintains data that is necessary for some operations such as
maintaining internal IDs and priming
with sample data. Deploying first could cause compatibility problems later on.
- If you import multiple solutions, promote the
apps before you promote the
apps. If you promote the
first, the legacy
My Approvals and
My Requests tabs appear in
instead of the newer versions of these tabs.
- You can promote the process apps in a given solution in any order,
except for the
You must promote the
apps in a specific order, because the Starter Pack and Service Request process
apps contain unique references to one another. This ensures that the proper
forms in the Starter Pack process app are available for use in each of the
services. Promote the
apps in the following order:
- SRC - Starter Pack Forms – IT
- SRC - Service Request
- SRC - Starter Pack Forms – IT (promote again)
- SRC – Knowledge Management
- If you do not plan to use a particular
process app, it is recommended that you still promote it; however, you do not
need to make it available to your users. Each process app references other
process apps and you will encounter reference errors in
when you attempt to modify the process apps if you do not promote them all.
- While it is recommended that you promote all of the process apps for
a given solution, it is not required that you promote the SSM - Integrations
process app and the UCMDB Integration process app:
- You should only promote the
- Integrations process app if you are using
or the Asset Discovery Adapter.
- You should only promote the UCMDB Integration process app if you
are planning to integrate
- If you encounter any problems with promoting the snapshots, refer to
The following sections describe the promotion steps for the snapshots in
Copyright © 2012–2018 Serena Software, Inc., a Micro Focus company. All rights reserved.