The following roles (or actors) are available in the Change Management
Note: Users should be assigned to these roles in the Change Management and
Change Proposal Management projects.
- This role is intended for members of the Change
Advisory and Emergency Change Advisory boards.
- Assess and approve RFCs and proposals
- Approve emergency RFCs
- This role ensures that standard procedures for change
are followed. Other duties include:
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the Change Management process
- Manage change management staff
- Provide for continuous service improvement for change management
- Conduct impact analysis on proposed changes
- Schedule regular configuration item (CI) verification and audits
- Produce KPI reports for management review
- Manage Forward Schedule of Change conflicts
- Conduct the Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings on a regular basis
- Maintain the change management system
- Collaborate with other ITSM processes such as Problem Management,
Issue Management, and Configuration Management
- This role is for change management staff who are
responsible for implementing the change. Other duties include:
- Own requests from implementation to closure
- Ensure that prior approval has been granted before executing the
- Collaborate with requesters to implement the requested change
- Inform change management staff of request status and resolution
- Coordinate with release management staff to ensure that processes are
- Provide post-implementation feedback during PIR (Post Implementation
Requester - This role is for the users who will submit RFCs,
providing the necessary details to the change implementers.
Administrator - This role is responsible for administering the
Change Management process app, such as assigning users to roles or fixing
Copyright © 2012–2018 Serena Software, Inc., a Micro Focus company. All rights reserved.