The Risk Analysis calculator determines how the change affects business
critical services. It uses the change category, the estimated effort, and a
group of questions to determine the risk level of the change.
The Risk Analysis calculator appears on the
Risk tab of an RFC. The risk level is determined
to be either
High based on the above criteria. The default
Low is less than or equal to 20;
Medium is 21 to 40;
High is greater than 40.
Note: Total Risk Score contains the summation of the
weighted answers to the survey.
Risk tab, the risk level is only displayed when
Risk Analysis Completed field is set to
Yes. This ensures that users have answered the
risk survey before calculating the risk level. If the risk survey has not been
Risk Analysis Completed remains set to
No, the risk level displays
Questionnaire Not Completed.
Tip: When creating a report to show high risk items, remember
to include both items that have a high
Total Risk Score and items that have a change
category set as
Major and their
Risk Analysis Completed field set as
No. Items without a completed risk survey will
show a lower overall risk level since the risk level sums the survey responses
and a null response is given a weight of zero.
The following are the default questions and weighted answers (default
weights) in the Risk Analysis questionnaire:
- Does the change affect business-critical services?
- High Impact: Service temporarily unavailable / major changes (10)
- Low Impact: Small upgrade, some features temporarily unavailable
- No Impact (0)
- Does the change affect major IT infrastructure components?
- High Impact: Components taken offline / major service impact (10)
- Minor upgrade or temporary performance degradation (5)
- No Impact (0)
- Will the change be tested prior to implementation in a development
or test environment?
- Is the implementation well understood and documented?
- This process has been done in the past and is repeatable (0)
- This process is similar to one done in the past (5)
- This is a completely new process or implementation (10)
- What is the implementation time? (This field is set
automatically based on the value entered in the
Estimated Effort field for the change request.
It can also be manually modified by choosing a selection in the list. The
Estimated Effort field appears on the
Implementation tab for a change request. This
tab appears when approving a change.)
- 4 hrs or less (0)
- 4 hrs to less than 1 day (5)
- More than 1 day (10)
- What is the change complexity? (This field is set
automatically based on the value of the
Change Category field.)
- Minor (0)
- Significant (5)
- Major (10)
Copyright © 2012–2018 Serena Software, Inc., a Micro Focus company. All rights reserved.