Welcome to SRC Mobile. This document provides an overview of the latest changes in the SRC Mobile app.
- This document pertains to both on-premise and on-demand versions.
- On-premise customers – You must install and configure SBM 10.1.5 or higher.
- On-premise customers – Before you use SRC Mobile, you must install and configure SSM 4.0 or higher as described in the SSM Getting Started Guide.
- For customers who are upgrading to SSM 5.3 and intend to use the mobile client, ensure that the Enable options for SBM mobile app check box is selected on the application in SBM Composer and redeploy each process app.
- SRC Mobile is available in English only.
SRC Mobile provides access to Service Request Center from supported mobile devices. SRC Mobile enables users to browse available IT and business service requests and their associated SLAs, and then submit and monitor requests from their mobile devices. Your IT service staff and managers can also easily approve, track, and fulfill requests from their mobile devices.
Users can use SRC Mobile to:
- Browse the catalog for service requests and submit new requests
- Search the catalog for available service requests
- View service requests that they submitted
- Finalize items waiting for approval
- Use the Knowledgebase to search for published solutions and contribute by providing feedback about articles
Note that the service catalog supports nested categories for SSM 5.2 and later releases. If you are using an earlier version, categories are not nested in containers.
The following operating systems are supported with SRC Mobile:
- Android – 4.4.x, 5.0, and higher
- iPhone – iOS 9.X and 10.X for iPhone 5, 6, 6 plus, 6s, and 6s plus
- iPhone – iOS 10.X for iPhone 7 and 7 plus
The following features and changes have been added in this release.
Mobile support is now enabled by default for all SSM process apps.
For customers who are upgrading to SSM 5.3 and intend to use the mobile client, ensure that the Enable options for Serena mobile app check box is selected on the application in SBM Composer and re-deploy each process app.
SRC administrators who can customize service requests can also select Allow on Mobile to control whether or not a service request appears in the SRC Mobile app. This option is selected by default for all service requests that are provided with SRC.
The following features in the SBM Mobile client are now available in SRC Mobile:
- Offline Mode
Mobile users can now download and work with items in offline mode, which enables them to continue work even when wi-fi or network coverage is unavailable. This includes the following:
- A form or item can be saved for off-line use (via the new Offline option in the slide-menu).
- You can automatically synchronize saved items with the SBM server. Synchronization options are available is the Settings menu.
- You can submit or transition items while in offline mode. This includes the ability to view available field selections and dependencies between fields.
- An offline "outbox" is available that enables you to view all the forms, items, and attachments that are pending submit to the server once the device is on-line. You can update or delete these items as well.
- All operations with attachments are available in offline mode.
- Full-text search through offline items is available.
Starting from SRC Mobile 5.3 Knowledge base functionality available on Mobile App as well. SRC Mobile provides the same user experience to work with the Knowledge base as Web client:
- Search for the article
- Filter articles
- Contributing your feedback to the Knowledge base adding comments and giving rates to the articles
- Once new item is submitted, search through the Knowledge base is performed automatically while Title is entered. Pop-up shows some articles found related to the Item Title.
- Support for Rules as Conditions in Form Actions
SRC Mobile now supports rules as conditions in form actions.
- Support for Refresh Commands in Mobile Forms
Mobile forms now support refresh functions that are defined in form controls.
This section provides useful tips to help you maximize SRC Mobile for your users.
Starting in SSM 5.3, all SSM process apps are enabled for the mobile client by default.
This optimizes the display of custom forms throughout each of the process apps. For customers who are upgrading to SSM 5.3 and intend to use the mobile client, ensure that the Enable options for SBM mobile app check box is selected on the application in SBM Composer and re-deploy each process app.
On-Premise Only – SRC Mobile requires that users have network access to your SBM Application Engine Web Server that hosts SSM. For example, if users are connecting to a WiFi network outside of your corporate network and your SBM Application Engine Web Server is behind a corporate firewall, they must connect to your corporate network using a VPN from their mobile devices. If your users do not use your company's VPN regularly from their mobile devices, contact your IT department for assistance with connecting your users to the corporate network.
Updating "Create Tech Note" Value After Problem Management Upgrade
With this release, the mobile implementation of the Problem Management application causes the Yes and No values for the Create Tech Note field to be reversed for active problems. To address this issue, follow these steps after upgrading and deploying the new Problem Management application:
SBM Work Center,
create a listing report in the Service Mgmt application group. Make sure to do
- Select Problems as the Report Item Type.
- Add Create Tech Note to the Select Columns to Display list.
- Set the search filter to Active/Inactive = Active.
- Run the report.
- Select the problems that should have Create Tech Note set to Yes, and run a mass update to change the field value to Yes.
- Select the problems that should have Create Tech Note set to No, and run a mass update to change the field value to No.
For a complete list of known issues and potential workarounds, refer to the Knowledgebase.
Serena, Dimensions, ChangeMan, Comparex, and StarTool are registered trademarks of Serena Software, Inc. The Serena logo, PVCS, TeamTrack, License Manager and Composer are trademarks of Serena Software, Inc. All other products or company names are used for identification purposes only, and may be trademarks of their respective owners.