The following roles (or actors) are available in the Problem Management
– This role is responsible for ensuring the efficiency
and effectiveness of the Problem Management process. Other duties include:
- Initiate proactive problem management initiatives
- Provide for continuous service improvement for problem management
- Monitor the quality and usefulness of problem records and known error
- Produce KPI reports for management review
- Maintain the problem management system
- Collaborate with other
processes such as Incident Management, Change Management, and Configuration
– This role is for technical SMEs and advanced support
staff responsible for problem investigation and diagnosis. Duties include:
- Perform investigation and diagnosis to determine the root cause of a
- Identify, record, and update known error records
- Identify incident trends that might be caused by a technical error
Staff – This role provides information to problem management
staff as needed, including technical and business related details.
Submitter – This role submits problems and provides incident
details to problem management staff.
Administrator – This role is responsible for administering
Problem Management, such as assigning users to roles or addressing
Viewer – This role enables users to view problems and their
Copyright © 2012–2016 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.