Welcome to Serena Request Center Mobile. This readme provides an overview of the latest changes in the Serena Request Center Mobile app.
- This readme pertains to both on-premise and on-demand versions.
- On-premise customers – You must install and configure SBM 10.1.5 or higher.
- On-premise customers – Before you use Serena Request Center Mobile, you must install and configure Serena Service Manager 3.5 or higher as described in the Serena Service Manager Getting Started Guide.
- Before you access Serena Request Center Mobile for the first time, you must open each of your process apps in SBM Composer and redeploy them.
- Serena Request Center Mobile is available in English only.
Serena Request Center Mobile provides access to Serena Request Center from supported mobile devices. Serena Request Center Mobile enables users to browse available IT and business service requests and their associated SLAs, and then submit and monitor requests from their mobile devices. Your IT service staff and managers can also easily approve, track, and fulfill requests from their mobile devices.
Users can use Serena Request Center Mobile to:
- Browse the catalog for service requests and submit new requests
- Search the catalog for available service requests
- View service requests that they submitted
- Finalize items waiting for approval
Note that the service catalog supports nested categories for Serena Service Manager 5.2 and later releases. If you are using an earlier version, categories are not nested in containers.
The following operating systems are supported with Serena Request Center Mobile:
- Android 4.1.x – 4.3.x, 4.4.x, 5.0, and higher
- iPhone – iOS 8.X and 9.X for iPhone 5, 6, 6 plus, 6s, and 6s plus
For information regarding third-party software copyrights and license information, refer to the files under "Downloads" or "News" at http://www.serena.com/support.
The following features and changes have been added in this release.
This section provides useful tips to help you maximize Serena Request Center Mobile for your users.
On-Premise Only – Serena Request Center Mobile requires that users have network access to your SBM Application Engine Web Server that hosts SSM. For example, if users are connecting to a WiFi network outside of your corporate network and your SBM Application Engine Web Server is behind a corporate firewall, they must connect to your corporate network using a VPN from their mobile devices. If your users do not use your company's VPN regularly from their mobile devices, contact your IT department for assistance with connecting your users to the corporate network.
For a complete list of known issues and potential workarounds, refer to the Knowledgebase at serena.com.