Creating a problem is known as submitting a problem in
Problems may be submitted directly by the Problem Management team or they may
be spawned from an incident using the
Post Problem transition in the Incident Management
The Submit form enables you to add the following information when
creating a problem:
- A title and description for the problem
- Problem Status (development, production, or mixed)
- The urgency, impact, and priority of the problem.
For details, see
Modifying Urgency, Impact, and Priority.
- The primary configuration item (CI), problem category, sub-category,
and sub-category type. The problem category fields will be populated based on
the values in the primary CI, but they can be modified. For details, see
Configuration Management Overview.
- The user who reported the problem, the affected user, and additional
Reported By field is used when the submitter of
the item is not the user affected by the issue.
- Any work notes or attachments you want to include.
- Links to related incidents.
Note: When the problem is created from an incident using the
Post Problem transition, incident details are
pre-populated in the Submit form.
To create a problem directly:
- Click the
+New icon located on the
- Click the
- Search for or navigate to the project to submit into.
Note: You will only be allowed to submit into a project if you have the
- Complete the Submit form with the necessary information.
Submit to create the new problem.
Tip: You can find the items that you submitted by using Search
by Submitter functionality and searching for items submitted by
When the problem is created, it is assigned a unique item ID and moves
Classification state, where it can be classified
by problem management staff.
If you selected a CI for the problem, the
Active Problems tab will show all active problems
related to the particular CI and the
CI Relationships tab will list all of the
relationships for the particular CI.
Copyright © 2012–2015 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.