The following roles (or actors) are used in the Incidents workflow.
- This role is responsible for overseeing the flow of
incidents through the workflow. Other duties include:
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the Incident Management
- Manage incident management staff
- Provide for continuous service improvement for incident management
- Produce KPI reports for management review
- Maintain the incident management system
- Collaborate with other
processes such as Request Fulfillment, Problem Management, Change Management,
and Configuration Management
Level 1 Tech
- This role is for service desk staff or first level
support who are responsible for handling incoming calls and e-mails. Other
- Own incidents from recording to closure
- Record, classify, and resolve incidents as quickly as possible
- Collaborate with users and technical SMEs to quickly restore normal
- Escalate incidents appropriately
- Keep users informed of incident status
Service Level Agreements
- Match similar incidents
Level 2 Tech
Level 3 Tech
- These roles are for technical SMEs and advanced
support staff responsible for further incident investigation and diagnosis.
Other duties include:
- Resolve incidents that were not resolved at first level support
- Escalate service level breaches to an incident manager
- Inform Service Desk staff of incident status and resolution
- Identify matching workaround
- Record new workaround
Incident Operators field includes all members in
the Level 1 Techs, Level 2 Techs, and Level 3 Techs roles.
User - This role is for the users who will be submitting
incidents, providing the necessary details to the Service Desk. This is the
only role associated with the
Affected User field.
Contact - This role is for users who should be available for
selection in the
Additional Contacts field.
Administrator - This role is responsible for administering
Incident Management, such as assigning users to roles or fixing
Copyright © 2012–2015 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.