Welcome to Serena Service Manager 5.0.
Refer to the What's New? tab for a complete list of new features in this release.
Please note the following important information:
- On-premise customers: Before you install Service Manager 5.0, you must install and configure SBM 10.1.3 or later as described in the SBM Installation and Configuration Guide.
- Service Manager 5.0 is available in English only.
- This readme pertains to both the on-demand and on-premise versions.
The following changes have been made to the installer packaging in this release:
- Serena Service Manager 5.0 is now included in a solution installer that includes Serena Release Manager 5.0.
- The Demand Manager solution is no longer included in the installer.
If this is a new on-premise installation, download Serena Business Manager 10.1.3 or later from http://www.serena.com/support, and then follow the instructions in the SBM Installation and Configuration Guide to install and configure Serena Business Manager. After you have verified that Serena Business Manager is installed successfully, download Service Manager 5.0 from http://www.serena.com/support and follow the installation instructions in the Serena Service Manager Getting Started Guide.
- Installation Upgrade
In the installation upgrade phase, you install and configure the latest versions of the framework files for Serena Request Center and features such as service level agreements (SLA). The solutions that you have implemented from previous releases are supported with the upgraded framework files.
- Solutions Upgrade
In the solutions upgrade phase, you import new solution files and merge changes into your current solutions. Before attempting this upgrade, review the list of changes to determine the benefit of upgrading your solutions.
For upgrade instructions, refer to the Serena Service Manager On-Premise Upgrade Guide or Serena Service Manager On-Demand Upgrade Guide.
The installer delivers three components:
- Solution Files – Solution files are process app snapshots
and blueprints that contain the latest changes and updates for the
process workflows and data models.
The following Service Manager solutions are delivered by the installer:
- Serena Request Center
- SRC - Starter Pack Forms - IT
- SRC - Knowledge Management
- SRC - Service Request
- Serena Service Manager
- SSM - Change Management
- SSM - Configuration Management System
- SSM - Problem Management
- SSM - Incident Management
- SSM - Integrations
- Serena Request Center
- Framework Files – The framework files augment your underlying installation and enable certain features in the Service Manager process apps. The framework files include new templates, images, and code that are backward compatible with your existing installation.
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Files – SLAs define the level of service that an organization commits to its customers. SLAs contain performance metrics that correspond to these commitments.
For more information regarding third-party software copyrights and license information, refer to the files under "My Downloads" or "Product News" at http://www.serena.com/support.
The following features and changes are new in this release.
- You can now use the String Localization feature in SBM 10.1.3 and later to translate and modify text strings for Serena Request Center.
- Version information about the Service Manager and its plug-ins is now available on the System Information tab in SBM Configurator.
- The integration to Serena Release Manager has been removed from the Change Management process app. You can, however, use the steps in Serena Release Manager Getting Started Guide to create your own integration. This document is located on the Documentation Center.
- After you install Service Manager, Relationship Service configuration settings and service controls appear in SBM Configurator. This service is currently only used by Serena Release Manager; therefore, if you are not using Release Manager, you do not need to configure or start this service.
For a complete list of known issues and potential workarounds, refer to the Knowledge Base.