This file contains information about installing and using the current release of Serena® Prototype Composer™ PRO Edition.
This document also describes requirements for integrating Prototype Composer with Serena® Dimensions® RM.
To get help with the product, visit http://community.serena.com.
|• Installation Requirements|
|• Installing Prototype Composer|
|What's New in Prototype Composer 3.3?|
|Prototype Composer Integrations|
Prototype Composer minimum system requirements for installation:
Client Systems - Minimum Requirements Platform Memory Screen resolution System Colors Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.0 or Windows 8.1 512 MB 1024x768 65,536 colors
Client Systems - Recommended Requirements
Platform Memory Screen resolution System Colors Windows 7, Windows 8.0 or Windows 8.1 1024 MB 1920x1080 16.8 million colors
- The full version of .NET Framework 4.0 must also be installed on the system. To install this, see Installing Serena Prototype Composer below.
- Microsoft Office Word 2003 or higher is required to generate documents in the Document Publisher.
Installing Serena Prototype Composer
This section explains how to install Serena Prototype Composer. You must perform the following installation procedures on all client machines where necessary.
If you do not have the full version of Microsoft .NET 4.0 installed, download and install it from here:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a391abd-25c1-4fc0-919f-b21f31ab88b7
To install Serena Prototype Composer PRO Edition:
- Download Serena Prototype Composer PRO Edition and run the executable (.exe) file.
- Follow the instructions until the installation is complete.
Return to Contents
What’s New in Prototype Composer 3.3?
Support for Microsoft Office Word 2007 and higher
Previous versions of Prototype Composer used the Custom XML functionality of Microsoft Office Word 2003. Since this function had been removed by Microsoft Prototype Composer was unable to generate reports with versions other than of Microsoft Office Word 2003. Now, Prototype Composer uses placeholders which identify the data to be used in the report.
Relocation of Template Directory
In Document Publisher, Prototype Composer allows to change the path to the Document Templates. This is especially useful if templates should be shared over the network.
Requirement Sorting improved
In reports, Prototype Composer now sorts requirements numeric instead of alphanumeric.
Example: BR1, BR2, BR10 instead of BR1, BR10, BR2.
Collapse All/Expand All in Activity Editor
Prototype Composer now allows to quickly open/close all steps in Activity Editor by selecting "Expand All" or "Collapse All" from the context menu.
Synchronization with HTML fields
Prototype Composer does not remove HTML/XML tags anymore which caused information loss when synchronizing with HTML fields on Dimensions RM.
Prototype Composer now allows to set the SMTP Port in e-mail options.
IP v6 Support
Prototype Composer fully supports IP v6.
Return to Contents
Web Capture Limitations for Certain Page Types
DEF86108, DEF84168: While in most cases the Web Capture utility in Prototype Composer will import and convert simple Web pages with high fidelity, pages with dynamic content or complex HTML elements may result in less than optimal capture results. Examples include:
- Web pages with data tables converted to bitmaps with text objects representing the data records.
- Web pages with scrolling panels vertically truncated and the panels converted to bitmaps.
You are advised to perform test captures and adjust the capture controls to maximize the quality of imported Web content.
New Background Color for a Button is not Displayed
DEF152533: If a user changes the background color for a button, the new color is not displayed when the user runs a simulation.
Synchronization Does Not Update Links from Dimensions RM
In the following scenario, the Synchronize function does not update links from Dimensions RM:
- In Dimensions RM, create a Business Requirement (BRx) and a User Requirement (URy).
- In Dimensions RM, link BRx and URy.
- In Prototype Composer, import BRx.
- In Prototype Composer, import URy.
- In Prototype Composer, the Synchronize function does not update the links from Dimensions RM to Prototype Composer.
Perform the following steps as a workaround to this issue:
- Clear the checkbox for the RM integration on the Project Integrations tab.
- Delete the parent requirements (BRx) and child requirements (URy) in Prototype Composer.
- Select the check box for the RM integration on the Project Integrations tab.
- Import child requirements (URy) and then import parent requirements (BRx) in Prototype Composer.
Return to Contents
End ReadmeCopyright © 2007-2014 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.