Welcome to ALM Connector 6.1.5
ALM Connector is a flexible set of services and programs that can be used from Windows or UNIX/Linux platforms to deploy to z/OS through ChangeMan ZMF.
- ChangeMan ZMF integration with Release Control 6.0.1 and above is implemented through the Release Control ChangeMan ZMF plugin and ALM Connector.
- This product was named ZMF Connector for versions 6.0 to 6.1.2. For earlier versions it was named Mainframe Connector.
- There are additional ways to integrate products with ChangeMan ZMF using ALM Connector. For help with custom integrations, contact Support and Services.
Enhancements made to ALM Connector 6.1.5 include:
- ZMF Support
Added support for ZMF versions 8.1.4.01 and 8.2.
- Add ability to use proxy user credentials on REST request with
A new property, USE_SSO_USER, has been added to the sernet_resource.properties file. This property allows you to use the ZMF View Widget in Release Control when SSO is disabled. By default, USE_SSO_USER is set to 'true'. If you are not using SSO in Release Control for ZMF Plugin Configuration, set the property to 'false' and restart the Connector Tomcat service.
This section provides important information for upgrades to ALM Connector version 6.1.5.
Before you upgrade, review the following sections, and then proceed with the upgrade.
For full documentation on installing the Release Control ZMF plugin client jar, refer to "Installing Plugins" in the Release Control ChangeMan ZMF Plugin Quick Reference on Documentation Center. This documentation also includes details on adding plugin configurations and using the plugin.
- Downloading ALM Connector
- Installing ALM Connector
- Upgrading the Release Control ZMF Plugin
- Upgrading from Earlier Versions of ALM Connector
- Download ALM Connector 6.1.5 from the ALM Solutions Connector product download page on the Support website.
To upgrade from ALM Connector 6.0 or above to ALM Connector 6.1.5:
- Backup the earlier version. For example, copy the following
directories to a backup location:
C:\Program Files\Micro Focus\common\tomcat\8.5\webapps\...
Install the new version of the ALM Connector services:
- Extract the
war files from the
6.1.5 installation zip file. These include:
- Stop Common Tomcat.
- Ensure that the Common Tomcat directory is writeable and none of the existing services files are in use.
- Copy all of the
war files into the
webapps directory. For example:
C:\Program Files\Micro Focus\common\tomcat\8.5\webapps
Common Tomcat will automatically unpack and deploy the war files when the server is running.
After you have installed the ALM Connector services, you must manually configure resource properties for the following services. If they are not encrypted, you can use your backed up versions of the properties files to get the values you need for setup.
Refer to ALM Connector Configuration Guide, "Installing and Configuring Services".Important: Although the almzmf and almzmfws services need no additional configuration, the services are used when deployment tasks are executed.Note: The host and port information for ChangeMan ZMF is specified in the ZMF plugin configuration. The ZMF plugin configuration also specifies the URL for the ALM Connector. You can define multiple plugin configurations that point to different ChangeMan ZMF systems and different ALM Connector configurations.
- Extract the war files from the ALM Connector 6.1.5 installation zip file. These include:
If needed, upgrade your Release Control ZMF plugin to work with ALM Connector 6.1.5. If you are using a version of the Release Control ZMF plugin that has been certified to work with ALM Connector 6.1.5, you do not need to upgrade the plugin. See Supported Platforms.
If you need to upgrade the ZMFplugin, refer to the Plugin Release Notes on Documentation Center.
Issues known to exist at the time of release are as follows:
- Audit requests do not show as completed if the audit return code
If you execute a change package audit request, and the ChangeMan ZMF started task is somehow terminated during the execution, the audit return code returned to ALM Connector is 20. In this situation, the audit task may not show as completed in the integrating product, even if it is ultimately completed successfully in ChangeMan ZMF (DEF275298).
ZMF Connector 6.2 and ZMF 8.1.3
- The service checkReleaseAreaIntegrity produces an incorrect response (DEF322350).
- The service checkReleaseAreaSummaryIntegrity produces an incorrect response (DEF322358).
© Copyright 2015 - 2018 Micro Focus or one of its affiliates.
The only warranties for products and services of Micro Focus and its affiliates and licensors ("Micro Focus") are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. Micro Focus shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
Contains Confidential Information. Except as specifically indicated otherwise, a valid license is required for possession, use or copying. Consistent with FAR 12.211 and 12.212, Commercial Computer Software, Computer Software Documentation, and Technical Data for Commercial Items are licensed to the U.S. Government under vendor's standard commercial license.