Welcome to ALM Connector 6.1.4.
ALM Connector is a flexible set of services and programs that can be used from Windows or UNIX/Linux platforms to deploy to z/OS through ChangeMan ZMF.
- ChangeMan ZMF integration with Release Control 6.0.1 and above is implemented through the Release Control ChangeMan ZMF plugin and ALM Connector.
- This product was named ZMF Connector for versions 6.0 to 6.1.2. For earlier versions it was named Mainframe Connector.
- There are additional ways to integrate products with ChangeMan ZMF using ALM Connector. For help with custom integrations, contact Support and Services.
Enhancements made to ALM Connector 6.1.4 include the following:
- Added support for
versions 8.1.3 and 8.1.4
Services have been updated to add support for ChangeMan ZMF versions 8.1.3 and 8.1.4.
- New encryption script for the almzmf properties
An encrypt.cmd file is now included to make it easy for you to encrypt the almzmf properties file.
- Updates to the resource properties files
The following updates have been made in the resource properties files:
- The properties in the almzmf zmf_resource.properties file have been updated to include DEFAULT in the name to clearly indicate that these are the default values for the ChangeMan ZMF services. These are used if not overridden by the almsernet resource properties.
- The properties in the almsernet sernet_resource.properties file have been updated to include variables rather than example values to make it more clear which values must be updated during configuration.
This section provides important information for upgrades to ALM Connector version 6.1.4.
Before you upgrade, review the following sections, and then proceed with the upgrade.
For full documentation on installing the Release Control ZMF plugin client jar, refer to "Installing Plugins" in the Release Control ChangeMan ZMF Plugin Quick Reference on Documentation Center. This documentation also includes details on adding plugin configurations and using the plugin.
- Downloading ALM Connector
- Installing ALM Connector
- Upgrading the Release Control ZMF Plugin
- Upgrading from Earlier Versions of ALM Connector
- Download ALM Connector 6.1.4 from the ALM Solutions Connector product download page on the Support website.
To upgrade from ALM Connector 6.0 or above to ALM Connector 6.1.4:
- Backup the earlier version. For example, copy the following
directories to a backup location:
C:\Program Files\Micro Focus\common\tomcat\8.5\webapps\...
Install the new version of the ALM Connector services:
- Extract the
war files from the
6.1.4 installation zip file. These include:
- Stop Common Tomcat.
- Ensure that the Common Tomcat directory is writeable and none of the existing services files are in use.
- Copy all of the
war files into the
webapps directory. For example:
C:\Program Files\Micro Focus\common\tomcat\8.5\webapps
Common Tomcat will automatically unpack and deploy the war files when the server is running.
After you have installed the ALM Connector services, you must manually configure resource properties for the following services. If they are not encrypted, you can use your backed up versions of the properties files to get the values you need for setup.
Refer to ALM Connector Configuration Guide, "Installing and Configuring Services".Important: Although the almzmf and almzmfws services need no additional configuration, the services are used when deployment tasks are executed.Note: The host and port information for ChangeMan ZMF is specified in the ZMF plugin configuration. The ZMF plugin configuration also specifies the URL for the ALM Connector. You can define multiple plugin configurations that point to different ChangeMan ZMF systems and different ALM Connector configurations.
- Extract the war files from the ALM Connector 6.1.4 installation zip file. These include:
If needed, upgrade your Release Control ZMF plugin to work with ALM Connector 6.1.4. If you are using a version of the Release Control ZMF plugin that has been certified to work with ALM Connector 6.1.4, you do not need to upgrade the plugin. See Supported Platforms.
If you need to upgrade the ZMFplugin, refer to the Plugin Release Notes on Documentation Center.
Issues known to exist at the time of release are as follows:
- Audit requests do not show as completed if the audit return code
is 20. (DEF275298).
If you execute a change package audit request, and the ChangeMan ZMF started task is somehow terminated during the execution, the audit return code returned to ALM Connector is 20. In this situation, the audit task may not show as completed in the integrating product, even if it is ultimately completed successfully in ChangeMan ZMF.