Release trains that require approval must be sent for approval and
approved before they can be released.
Note: Release Approval must be done by individual users, not groups.
- When you are ready to deploy a release train, you perform the QA
Complete transition. If the train requires a release approval, it will be moved
to the Release Approval state. Release approval will be automatically generated
based on predefined rules.
- After the approval is generated, an approver for each level of
approval must approve or otherwise action the item.
To approve Release Approval items, or otherwise
take action on them, you can do one of the following:
- From a release train, from the
Details/Approvals tab, click
Delete in the
- From the approval item you want to action, click
More to select from other options.
- If there is no applicable approval rule at the QA Complete
transition or you need to change approval details, you can generate a new
To generate a new approval item:
- Create or modify a release approval rule. For details,
Creating Approval Rules.
- Define periods of time when approvals are automatically
rejected or approved. For details,
Defining Approval Blackout and Whiteout Windows.
- In a release train that is in the Release Approval state,
click Recreate Approval. The pending approval item will be rejected and a new
item will be generated based on latest rules.
Once approval is complete:
- For a deployable release train, release train deployment begins
which automatically initiates the deployment of all associated release
- For a planning release train, release managers or release engineers
typically deploy each of its associated release packages on the scheduled
When you choose to override an approval, the
following options are available:
Types of override:
- Approve for another user
- Add/Remove an approver
- Move to next level of approval
- Reject approval
- Select users to approve for
- Override Reasons
Copyright © 2012–2019 Micro Focus or one of its affiliates. All rights reserved.