Deployable release trains drive deployment and also provide oversight
for releases, including setting the schedule and milestones for the release and
enabling release approvals. If you want to use release trains for oversight
only, you should use planning release trains. See
Creating Planning Release Trains.
- Ensure you have set up the minimum objects required before you try to
create a release train.
Creating Release Elements.
- You must have at least one active deployment path.
To create a deployable release train:
- Search for the project that will store your release train, and then
select the project to open a Submit form. (By default, the Deployable Release
Trains project is used to store deployable release trains.)
- Fill out the required fields.
Tip: Include the version of the release train in the
Description so that you can later report on
release trains and compare versions through standard
- Fill out optional fields as needed.
- Use release train task templates to save time and enable reuse of
deployment tasks. In the
Overview section, in the
Use Task Template field, select a task
template from which to copy deployment tasks.
- Select custom column items for add and display of deployment
units and requests. See
- Select whether to require that failure tasks be run if the
deployment fails in an environment. See
Adding Failure Tasks.
- Select plugin configuration fields for which the values can
be overridden for this release train. See "Overriding Configuration Settings"
in the plugins documentation.
- Select task action rules to restrict the set of rules that
apply for this release train. If none are selected, all defined task action
rules apply. See "Task Action Rules" in the plugins documentation.
This places the release train in the
- Configure and manage the release train using the tabs that appear in
The required fields when you create a deployable release train are as
The tabs available from a deployable release train once it is created
are as follows:
Updating Deployable Release Trains
Once created, you can update release trains as follows:
- In the
application group left navigation, expand the
Release Trains section and select one of the
activities sections to display the desired list of release trains.
- Select a release train and click the
Update button to edit it.
Options available depend on the process app workflow. For details on
the default workflow, see
About the Release Train Process App.
Copyright © 2012–2018 Serena Software, Inc., a Micro Focus company. All rights reserved.