Environments represent a set of resources to which deployable release
trains and release packages may be deployed. Environments manage and give
visibility into the scheduling of maintenance and other events in environments,
flagging any scheduling conflicts. Deployable release trains and release
packages are scheduled into environments in deployment paths.
Environments are created in the Environments process app. These are
logical representations of the physical environments used by your organization.
Typical environments include testing, staging, and production.
Users who are assigned to these roles in the Environments process app
can create and manage environments:
- Release Manager
- Release Engineer
To create an environment:
- Search for the project that will store your environment, and then
select the project to open a Submit form. (By default, the Environments project
is used to store environments.)
- Fill out the required fields and any optional fields.
- Select the accessibility of the environment as follows:
Standard: Release packages can be promoted into the
environment by users other than the Release Manager.
Restricted: Only the Release Manager can promote release
packages into the environment.
- Select whether deployment approval is required. If
Yes, approval will be required upon
promotion to this environment.
The tabs available from an environment once it is created are as
- Calendar: View scheduled items for the environment and
schedule maintenance or other activities for the environment.
- Approved Requests: View the deployment requests that have been
approved for this environment.
- Pending Requests: View the deployment requests that are
pending approval for this environment.
- Deployment Units: View the deployment units deployed to this
- Approval Rules: View the approval rules that apply to this
Notes/Attachments: View notes and attachments that have been
added to the item through the
More option and related email correspondence.
- History: View the history of the item.
Copyright © 2012–2017 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.