Welcome to Serena Release Automation 184.108.40.206.
Please note the following important information:
- Serena Release Automation 220.127.116.11 supports new installations; you do not need to install a previous version before installing this version.
The following features have been added in this release.
Allows users to perform actions on remote Linux/UNIX (*nix) agents in the context of a specific user, without the need to use the SUDO daemon process or log on as Root to invoke the SU command. The step connects locally using SSH on the target agent to perform all tasks if this option is selected.
Enables Serena Release Automation to emit an Serena Application Lifecycle Framework (ALF) event to a target endpoint server. ALF is an integrative layer for Serena products.
The following sections guide you through an upgrade for this release.
- New Installations
- Pre-upgrade Steps
- Upgrading Servers from 4.5.1 to 18.104.22.168
- Upgrading Servers from 4.5 or Earlier to 22.214.171.124
- Upgrading Agents
- Post-upgrade Steps (IMPORTANT!)
If this is a new installation, see "Installation and Configuration" in the Serena Release Automation User's Guide or online Help.
Before you begin the upgrade:
Download the Serena Release Automation 126.96.36.199 server and agent installation files from the Serena support website.
Export or save a backup of your existing processes and applications as a precautionary measure.
To upgrade your 4.5.1 server installation to 188.8.131.52:
Using the Install Wizard:
Install the 184.108.40.206 version of the server; the upgrade will be performed automatically.
Using a Silent Upgrade:
On UNIX systems, the command to execute a silent upgrade is the same as that for a new installation; on Windows systems the command is slightly different. The commands are as follows:
SerenaRA-server.bin -silent -options optionsFile.txt
Where optionsFile.txt is a file containing only the line:
cmd /c SerenaRA-Server.exe /s /V"/qn /L*vx "%TEMP%\silent-install.log" "Note: No PROPFILE is required.
To upgrade your 4.5 or earlier server installation to 220.127.116.11:
- Uninstall the 4.5 or earlier version of the server.
- Delete the files from the Serena Common Tomcat work\Catalina\localhost\serena_ra directory. For example: ..\common\tomcat\6.0\work\Catalina\localhost\serena_ra
- Install the 18.104.22.168 version of the server. see "Installation and
Configuration" in the
Automation User's Guide or online Help.
Important: To quickly get a new server installed while maintaining your existing settings using the Derby database, select or specify Use existing settings. For all other databases, use the Skip Database option.
To upgrade your agents to 22.214.171.124, go to the Agents tab, select all agents, and click the Upgrade Selected button. All existing agents using Java 6 and greater will be automatically upgraded by the server.
- Any agents using Java 6 or above can be upgraded and do not have to be uninstalled.
- You must uninstall any agents using Java 5 before installing 126.96.36.199 agents. Any 4.0.1 and prior agent using Java 5 cannot be upgraded. Most of the new functionality will not work with these agents because the 4.5 and above agents use Java 6 and above.
For a complete list of issues resolved in this release, refer to the Knowledge Base. You must have a support.serena.com user account to view items in the Knowledge Base. Register for a free account if you do not have already have one.
For a complete and up-to-date list of issues found in this release of Serena Release Automation, refer to the Knowledge Base.
These are the known issues that exist at the time of release:
Component version creation fails for TeamForge source type
Version creation is not working for components with TeamForge source type.
- My Reports cannot be properly deleted (DEF225575)
Reports in the My reports pane cannot be properly deleted.
- My Reports are not shown correctly in Microsoft Internet
Explorer 8 and 9 (DEF234343)
Reports in the My reports pane are not shown in Internet Explorer 8 and 9.
- The Rollback Component does not work (DEF239255)
The rollback component step in the application process does not work.
- The command line client does not work with SSO turned on
The Serena Release Automation command line client does not work with SSO authentication.
- A server installation using the Skip Database option requires a
manual reload of plug-ins
If you install the Serena Release Automation server using the Skip Database option, you must load all non-default plug-ins again manually. If you do not do this, these plug-ins will still appear on the plug-ins page, but these plug-ins will not really work because they are not in the database.
- (Windows only) The agent uninstall doesn't reset registry keys
In Windows, after uninstalling an agent, the registry keys are not reset properly.
The agent install wizard Browse button is disabled (DEF231840)
In the agent UI installer wizard, pressing Back to return to the Java Runtime Environment page disables the Browse button. To enable the Browse button, toggle between the Install JRE and Use Existing JRE buttons.
- The agent UI uninstall wizard displays an incorrect path
During an agent UI uninstall, the last page of the wizard displays the incorrect path to the log. The uninstall log can actually be found in the serena_ra_agent_install folder.
- The agent UI install requires an English username (DEF231832)
When using the agent UI installer, you can enter only an English username. Agent installation into a path containing non-ASCII characters is not supported.
- When installing an agent as a service, the displayed service
name format for an agent is not correct (DEF230599)
The service name format should be: serenaRA Agent <specified_name> not <specified_name>.
- The agent uninstall wizard displays errors for a successful
For any agent not installed as a Windows service, the agent uninstall wizard's final panel displays uninstallation errors despite a successful uninstallation.
For Unix and Linux uninstallers, uninstalls that include an
uninstall of Common Tools leave the Tomcat service running (DEF239676)
For Unix and Linux uninstallers, uninstalls that include an uninstall of Common Tools leave the Tomcat service running and don't remove the Common Tools folder. You must manually stop the server and then remove the Common Tools folder.
- In the section "(Linux/UNIX Platforms) Agent Silent
Installation", the executable name for the Linux/UNIX platforms silent
installation command is incorrect. It should be
In the section "(Linux/UNIX Platforms) Agent Silent Installation", step 3 says:
Issue the command: SerenaRA-Agent.exe -silent -options optionsFile.txt
It should say:
Issue the command: SerenaRA-Agent.bin -silent -options optionsFile.txt
- In the section "Automation Plug-ins", the first Serena Support
website link is incorrect. It should be
In the "Automation Plug-ins" section, the second line says:
You can download a zip file that contains all the plug-ins from http://www.serenasupport.com.
It should say:
You can download a zip file that contains all the plug-ins from http://support.serena.com.
In the section "Command Format", the example command has an
incomplete URL. It should be
In the section "Command Format", the example command is given as follows:
serenara-client -weburl http://localhost:8080 -username admin -password admin getResources
It should be:
serenara-client -weburl http://localhost:8080/serena_ra -username admin -password admin getResources
- In the section "Adding an Alias to an Agent", in step 4, the
last part of the command to check the result is incorrect. It should be
In the section "Adding an Alias to an Agent", step 4 says:
To check the result, run the command: keytool -list -keystore agent.keystore
It should say:
To check the result, run the command: keytool -list -keystore sra.keystore
- In the section "Property Settings for Mutual Authentication",
the first table entry for the property
agent.mutual_auth should not be included.
In the section "Property Settings for Mutual Authentication", in the "Property Settings Required Before Exchanging Keys" table, the third property listed, agent.mutual_auth, should not be included.