Customization → View Designer → Properties
box displays the properties for the selected attribute in
box and for the selected element in the Controls
example, size and position). Depending on the attribute or control selected,
the properties options will vary. The Properties
box can contain all of the
- Required Makes the attribute a required field in the form and forces a user to input information into the field. If the Required field
property is set to True, the user can enter data. If you don’t want the user
to enter date, be sure to set this property to False and the Readonly
property to True.
- Readonly The values in the field cannot be changed by the
user. The user can only view the information.
- TabIndex Sets the navigation order when using the TAB key.
When the user tabs through the page, the field with a TabIndex of "1" will be
first field, "2" second, and so on. For a read-only field, you should not add a
TabIndex. This lets the user skip over this field when tabbing through the
- ToolTip Adds customized tool tips for the control or attribute
and over rides the default tool tip.
- MinValue Enables you to set the minimum number of characters a
user can enter in a field placed on a Summary tab.
- MaxValue Enables you to set the maximum number of characters
that a user can enter in a field placed on a Summary tab.
- Events For the Button and Image elements, click the button
associated with the Events property to display the Code Editor dialog. In the
Code Editor dialog, you can write code to be executed in association with the
element (for example, code that executes when the user clicks a button).
- Left and Top The number of pixels from the left side of the
page or from the top of the page. Use these properties to align the controls
and attributes on the page.
- Width and Height The width and height in pixels of the
- Z-Index The order that the components are layered on the page.
For example, you can layer a form on top of an image.
- Background-Color Sets the background color of the component.
- Color Sets the font color.
- IsMultiLine For fields that display text, setting IsMultiLine
to True causes text to wrap at the end of lines. For small, single line text
fields, set this property to False.
Copyright © 2003–2009 Serena Software, Inc. All rights reserved.