Descriptions for the fields that are available in this report can be found in the following table.
The name of the work item, log item, or discussion.
The standard rate for the resource, per unit of work. For example, $100.00 per hour.
|Team / Resource / Tasks||
Depending on the report, the name of the team, resource, resource team, or task.
The number of hours worked.
The day of the week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday). If weekends are shown, then they will appear as part of the working week.
Adding a report that uses the Weekly Timesheets report template
To add a report that uses the Weekly Timesheets report template, open the New Report dialog box from the My Reports tab and then follow the steps below.
- Open the Tools module.
- Select the My Reports tab.
- Click New Report, select Investment, and then click OK.
- In the New Report dialog box, type a name for the report.
- On the General tab, from the Report Template drop-down, select Weekly Timesheets, enter a description (optional), and indicate whether you want to run the report immediately (after you are finished creating it).
- Under Associate Report With, click the ellipses button and then use the Select Investments dialog box to identify the work items that will be included in the report data.
- On the Schedule tab, select Run this report on a schedule if you want the report to be run on a periodic basis. Once selected, you can define how frequently you want the report to be run, the format in which the report will be presented, and how many previous instances of the report you want to store.
- If you have chosen to run the report on a scheduled basis, you can use the Recipients tab to select the users, security groups, and security roles who will receive a notification when this report is run. After you have chosen the recipients, click Add.
- If you have chosen to run the report on a scheduled basis, you can use the Template tab to define parameters for the email notification. You can define the title (as it will appear in the subject line). You can add the Timestamp and Report Name attributes into the title or the template (the message body). You can add a URL link into the message body that will allow any recipient to link directly to the report.
- When finished, click OK.
You can view the Weekly Timesheets report directly after adding it by selecting the Run this report immediately option in the New Report dialog box. (Reports can also be run from the My Reports tab in the Tools module or the Reports tabs in the Projects module.) Set the filter options and click Apply.
For any report that includes both investment and resource data, you can choose to filter the report by investment or by resource, and then by the other. For investment reports, users can view the report sorted by item and then by resource team. They can also sort the report by resource team, resource and then by item. For resource team reports, users can view the report sorted by resource team for the entire date range or by resources broken down into timesheet periods. Filter options:
Indicates whether the report will show posted time (time that has been entered into a timesheet by a resource and then submitted) or unsubmitted time (time that has been entered into a timesheet by a resource, but not submitted). Users can choose to show unsubmitted time and posted time. Filter options: Posted Time and Unsubmitted Time.
The week for which the report will be run. Users must define the timesheet period to run the report.
Indicates whether weekend dates will be shown in the report. Users can choose to show or hide weekends. Filter options: Hide and Show.