Descriptions for the fields that are available in this report can be found in the following table.
The total availability for a resource for the selected time period. Depending on how the Avail/Capacity Unit filter option is set, resource capacity is shown by hours available or by percentage of total time.
The email address of a resource.
The total capacity for a resource for the selected time period. Depending on how the Avail/Capacity Unit filter option is set, resource capacity is shown by hours available or by percentage of total time.
Indicates whether a resource is associated with more than one resource role.
The name of the resource.
|Resource Team / Primary Role||
The name of the resource team and the name of the role. This report can be sorted by resource team and by role, with either being selected as the primary filtering option. You can change the sort order from the Group By drop-down.
The type of resource.
The standard rate for the resource, per unit of work. For example, $100.00 per hour.
Adding a report that uses the Resources by Resource Team report template
To add a report that uses the Resources by Resource Team report template, open the New Report dialog box from the My Reports tab and then follow the steps below.
- Open the Tools module.
- Select the My Reports tab.
- Click New Report, select Resource Team, and then click OK.
- In the New Report dialog box, type a name for the report.
- On the General tab, from the Report Template drop-down, select Resources by Resource Team, enter a description (optional), and indicate whether you want to run the report immediately (after you are finished creating it).
- Under Associate Report With, click the ellipses button and then use the Select Resource Team dialog box to identify the groups of resources that will be included in the report data.
- On the Schedule tab, select Run this report on a schedule if you want the report to be run on a periodic basis. Once selected, you can define how frequently you want the report to be run, the format in which the report will be presented, and how many previous instances of the report you want to store.
- If you have chosen to run the report on a scheduled basis, you can use the Recipients tab to select the users, security groups, and security roles who will receive a notification when this report is run. After you have chosen the recipients, click Add.
- If you have chosen to run the report on a scheduled basis, you can use the Template tab to define parameters for the email notification. You can define the title (as it will appear in the subject line). You can add the Timestamp and Report Name attributes into the title or the template (the message body). You can add a URL link into the message body that will allow any recipient to link directly to the report.
- When finished, click OK.
You can view the Resources by Resource Team report directly after adding it by selecting the Run this report immediately option in the New Report dialog box. (Reports can also be run from the My Reports tab in the Tools module or the Reports tabs in the Projects module.) Set the filter options and click Apply.
|Avail / Capacity Unit||
Indicates whether to show a resource's available capacity by number of hours available or by percentage of total time. Filter options: % and Hours.
The date from which the reporting period begins. Use the calendar picker to select this date.
Indicates whether to show the email address for a resource. Filter options: Hide and Show.
For any report that includes both investment and resource data, you can choose to filter the report by investment or by resource, and then by the other. For investment reports, users can view the report sorted by item and then by resource team. They can also sort the report by resource team, resource and then by item. For resource team reports, users can view the report sorted by resource team for the entire date range or by resources broken down into timesheet periods. Filter options:
The duration of the reporting period, based on the date on which the reporting period begins. Filter options: 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, and 3 months.
The standard rate for the resource, per unit of work. For example, $100.00 per hour. Filter options: Hide and Show.
|Resource Effective Dates||
The dates on which a resource started and ended their work on a task, as related to a specific resource team, resource role, and standard rate. Filter options: Hide and Show.