Descriptions for the fields that are available in this report can be found in the following table.
The name of the work item, log item, or discussion.
The amount of money that is spent to produce something of value.
The total labor hours (labor and non-labor) for the project.
The total non-labor costs for all non-labor hours in the project.
The health of the project, shown as a stoplight. Green for costs coming in better than planned, yellow for costs coming in near the plan, and red for costs coming in worse than planned.
The total costs of all labor and non-labor in the project.
|% Labor Complete||
The amount of work that has been completed for a task (or a task plan), expressed as a percentage (of 100%).
|% Total Complete||
The amount of work that has been completed for a project, expressed as a percentage (of 100%). If the percentage is over 100%, then the amount of actual work exceeds the amount of planned work.
Adding a report that uses the Project Portfolio Progress Report report template
To add a report that uses the Project Portfolio Progress Report report template, open the New Report dialog box from the My Reports tab and then follow the steps below.
- Open the Tools module.
- Select the My Reports tab.
- Click New Report, select Investment, and then click OK.
- In the New Report dialog box, type a name for the report.
- On the General tab, from the Report Template drop-down, select Project Portfolio Progress Report, enter a description (optional), and indicate whether you want to run the report immediately (after you are finished creating it).
- Under Associate Report With, click the ellipses button and then use the Select Investments dialog box to identify the work items that will be included in the report data.
- On the Schedule tab, select Run this report on a schedule if you want the report to be run on a periodic basis. Once selected, you can define how frequently you want the report to be run, the format in which the report will be presented, and how many previous instances of the report you want to store.
- If you have chosen to run the report on a scheduled basis, you can use the Recipients tab to select the users, security groups, and security roles who will receive a notification when this report is run. After you have chosen the recipients, click Add.
- If you have chosen to run the report on a scheduled basis, you can use the Template tab to define parameters for the email notification. You can define the title (as it will appear in the subject line). You can add the Timestamp and Report Name attributes into the title or the template (the message body). You can add a URL link into the message body that will allow any recipient to link directly to the report.
- When finished, click OK.
You can view the Project Portfolio Progress report directly after adding it by selecting the Run this report immediately option in the New Report dialog box. (Reports can also be run from the My Reports tab in the Tools module or the Reports tabs in the Projects module.) Set the filter options and click Apply.
The progress made against a task (or a task plan), expressed as a percentage (of 100%). Filter options: Hide and Show.