Descriptions for the fields that are available in this report can be found in the following table.
The name of the work item to which the resource is assigned.
The date by which work on a task (or a task plan) actually finished.
The name of the work item, log item, or discussion.
The name of the resource.
Indicates whether a resource has assigned themselves to a work item.
The date on which work on a task (or a task plan) actually started.
The date on which a task is scheduled to start.
Depending on the report, the name of the team, resource, resource team, or task.
The amount of work that has been completed, to-date, by all resources who have been assigned to a task (or a task plan).
The total amount of work that has been scheduled for a task.
The amount of work that still needs to be completed.
Adding a report that uses the Assignments by Resource by Investment report template
To add a report that uses the Assignments by Resource by Investment report template, open the New Report dialog box from the My Reports tab and then follow the steps below.
- Open the Tools module.
- Select the My Reports tab.
- Click New Report, select Resource Team, and then click OK.
- In the New Report dialog box, type a name for the report.
- On the General tab, from the Report Template drop-down, select Assignments by Resource by Investment, enter a description (optional), and indicate whether you want to run the report immediately (after you are finished creating it).
- Under Associate Report With, click the ellipses button and then use the Select Resource Team dialog box to identify the groups of resources that will be included in the report data.
- On the Schedule tab, select Run this report on a schedule if you want the report to be run on a periodic basis. Once selected, you can define how frequently you want the report to be run, the format in which the report will be presented, and how many previous instances of the report you want to store.
- If you have chosen to run the report on a scheduled basis, you can use the Recipients tab to select the users, security groups, and security roles who will receive a notification when this report is run. After you have chosen the recipients, click Add.
- If you have chosen to run the report on a scheduled basis, you can use the Template tab to define parameters for the email notification. You can define the title (as it will appear in the subject line). You can add the Timestamp and Report Name attributes into the title or the template (the message body). You can add a URL link into the message body that will allow any recipient to link directly to the report.
- When finished, click OK.
You can view the Assignments by Resource by Investment report directly after adding it by selecting the Run this report immediately option in the New Report dialog box. (Reports can also be run from the My Reports tab in the Tools module or the Reports tabs in the Projects module.) Set the filter options and click Apply.
|Date Range Begin||
The date from which the reporting period begins. Use the calendar picker to select this date.
|Date Range End||
The date on which the reporting period ends. Use the calendar picker to select this date.
|Show Self Assignment||
Indicates whether work items to which resources have assigned themselves will be shown.